What did I learn from this class? (Chaebhin Jeong)
What I learned through this class was a class that made me once again convinced of what I wanted to learn. As I mentioned in my first blog, I wanted to study sociology. I wanted to know more about society in more detail, depth, and accuracy, as I am currently in the middle of the process of people born as individuals forming a family and building a society as a community. I wanted to study more and this is what I aimed for. I asked many questions, wondering if I had made the wrong choice or if I would regret it in the future, and the answers were unclear. However, I was able to learn information sociology, even if it was shallow, through the class, and through that learning, I was able to gain confidence in myself.
I may not regret my choice thanks to this class. Of course, since I am currently enrolled in the ``Department of Information Society and Media Studies,'' this class, which is the ``Introduction to Information Sociology'' lecture, is likely to be the first and last time I will be able to learn sociology. I'm disappointed that I can't learn more in the areas I want to study, but I'm not disappointed because that's how learning happens everywhere.
I would like to express my gratitude to the professor who encouraged me to understand the ideas of past philosophers and to look for statistical figures on current social issues together. Sociology is a field closely related to statistics. When I applied to the Department of Sociology, I thought it was important not only to study theoretically, but also to understand the meaning behind these numbers through actual numerical values. I think it was a useful lecture. Even though I was not able to provide satisfactory answers to all the questions, I am grateful that I was able to answer them in English and through this experience, I was able to develop a small passion for English.
Comments
Post a Comment