W15.1.2 June 10 (Mon)/reflexive report—HUANGQIHAO
I have gained a wealth of knowledge and deep understanding in this course. When I first came into contact with sociology, I not only grasped its basic concepts, but also gained new understanding and insight into many aspects of society.
At the beginning of the course, I had a very limited understanding of sociology and only thought of it as a discipline to study social phenomena. However, through further study, I gradually realized that social studies is much more than that. It not only focuses on individual and group behavior patterns, but also explores important topics such as social structure, social change, cultural differences, and power and inequality. Sociology has helped me understand how social order is formed and maintained, and how society shapes and influences individual identity and behavior.
One of the most engaging parts of the course is the study of social theories, such as functionalism and conflict theory. These theories not only deeply explain the mechanisms behind social structures and phenomena, but also provide us with different perspectives to analyze social problems. For example, functionalism shows how society works in harmony through various roles and functions, while conflict theory reveals inequality and competition in society.
Another topic that got me thinking was the impact of globalization on society. I learned that globalization is not only economic integration, but also profoundly changing cultural, political, and social structures. This profound change not only challenges the traditional social concept, but also brings us new opportunities and challenges.
Finally, the course delves into social inequalities such as race, gender, and class. I realized that these inequities are not just problems at the individual level, but structural problems that are deeply embedded in social structures and institutions. Understanding and solving these problems requires the joint efforts and continuous thinking of the whole society.
Through this course, I not only learned how to analyze and explain complex social phenomena, but also cultivated critical thinking and comprehensive ability of multi-disciplines. These knowledge and skills will play an important role in my future study and career, helping me to better understand and cope with today's changing social environment.
Comments
Post a Comment