C. Why hard work isn't always worth it

 https://youtu.be/-3F_SY0UqJs?si=fLT6LGdcH9WW45K5


C. Why hard work isn't always worth it


1. This is another speech video. The speaker is Michelle Han from China. What fascinates me most about her speech is that she describes exactly what every young person of our time is facing - facing their own shortcomings, facing their own imperfections, always wanting to overcompensate.

Michelle Han gives her own example. What she really enjoyed as a child was playing the piano, but later she turned more of her time and energy to debating. Because she started later than others, she began to "overcompensate," doubling down on her efforts to catch up with others. But her efforts and achievements did not make her really happy. From this she makes two points worth thinking about:

1) What drives us to do it? Is it interest or just trying to prove something?

2) Is it OK to drop it?


2. In my opinion, people should put their own feelings first and learn to give up when appropriate. In the long run of time, it seems that success is not the only thing that matters. A lot of the pressure on our contemporary young people is actually self-imposed on themselves, such as what kind of achievements must be achieved, what kind of goals must be achieved, and must surpass others.

However, in my opinion, everyone has their own shining points, there are suitable for their own field. Like Michelle Han, I used to overcompensate to cover up my lack of academic performance. But later, like her, I also found my interest and found my suitable industry, where I can realize my own value and earn money. So we young people sometimes need to be brave, learn to give up what is not suitable for themselves, consume their own things, learn to say no to themselves. Accept your imperfections and find your true value.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Introduction to the blog

Why are boys louder than girls? - Kim yeonhee (김연희)

W2.1 March 11 (Mon) Im Yeon Jin