W.9-2 May 3rd / 이동규 Lee Dong Gyu
Summary
Deviation is an act that violates cultural norms and is a betrayal of what is expected in society. Deviation is divided into formal deviation and informal deviation, the previous case is a violation of the law, and the latter case is an act of violating un codified norms. There are several theories about deviation. Psychological and biological theories analyze the reasons for deviation psychologically and biologically. The types of social tension are divided into types of suitability, innovation, ritualism, retreat, and rebellion. Functional theory sees the advantage of being able to distinguish deviant from society rather than the negative side of deviant behavior. Conflict theory sees the reason why deviant occurs as inequality of power. The stigma theory explains the secondary deviation by acting according to the stigma after being branded as a deviation.
Interesting point
I know various types of deviations, and I know how to distinguish between deviations, so I think I can see the deviant behavior and distinguish it from what theory it originated from.
Question
Wouldn't the stigma be removed even if the stigmatized deviant behaves differently than expected?
(as in the case of a killer doing volunteer work)
Comments
Post a Comment