W10.2 May 10 (Fri) (Chaebhin Jeong/정채빈)
1.Summary:
Social structure is a collection of continuous and relatively stable relationships that has a significant impact on social systems such as economy, law, and culture. Social structure exists inherent in society. Ferdinand Toniës argued that only the constitution of the crowd through unity creates social structure, and Durkheim distinguished structural relationships into mechanical solidarity and organic solidarity. The concept of social structure was developed extensively in the 20th century. Social structure can be divided into microstructure and macrostructure.
2. What was interesting/what did you learn:
Although I had basic knowledge of social structure, I learned something new about its division into normative structure, ideal structure, interest structure, and interaction structure. I would like to learn more about how social structure affects society.
3. Discussion Point:
What did society look like before social structures were formed?
Before the social structure was formed, society took various forms such as an agricultural society, a hunter-gatherer society, and an aristocratic society.
ReplyDelete