[W10.2] Introduction to Sociology/Social Structure - Shim ChaeYeon(심채연)
1) Summary
Social structure represents interactions and relationships between individuals or groups, and refers to patterns and institutionalized norms that make up behavior within a social system.
Structural decisions indicate that individual and organizational behavior is influenced by the basic forms of social structure. For example, economic or political systems structure individual and organizational behavior in a certain way.
Its historical development was made by the theories and research of many sociologists. Early sociologists tried to understand social structures by relating them to various aspects such as the economy, politics, culture, religion, and more. Some of them believed that social structures developed naturally, while others saw them as socially organized or transformed.
An understanding of the evolution of social structures has been made possible by analyzing complex relationships between structures and actors. These relationships interact with each other, and structures can control or change the behavior of actors.
Social structure is an important tool for understanding human behavior and interactions through various variables such as gender, class, race, etc. However, structural biases can occur, and it is necessary to consider various variables to overcome them.
2) Something interesting or new that I learned
I have newly learned that social structures can be classified and studied in a variety of ways than originally I known. (such as distinguishing between normative, ideal, interest, and interaction structures) It was also interesting that, as exemplified by gender in the document, social structures contain many sub-variables, so there are many things to consider when dealing with prejudice against them.
3) Questions & Discussions
In the text, social structures such as relationship structures, communication structures, and social quantitative structures are expressed in various ways. If there are other new methods of distinction, what could there be?
How is social structure formed? I know it's hard to answer this accurately, but the origin and evolution of the document are divided into those who believe that social structure naturally develops and those who believe that it is socially constructed. What do you think?
I think it is socially constructed. I believe that various social norms are created through people getting along and developing a language that they made promises to each other, so I believe that they are achieved through harmony in society.
ReplyDeleteI know, it's cultural structures. These encompass shared beliefs, symbols, and practices that shape social behavior and individual identities.
ReplyDelete