W5.1 April 1 (Mon) -- kim eunseon
1.Summary
This article deals with a detailed investigation of religion as sociologists study social phenomena. Understanding religion aims to predict what religion affects or how it will change in the future.
The conceptual definition of religion can be divided into three categories. First, the definition of religion depends on the distinction between what is sacred and what is profane. Another definition sees religion as an attempt to answer existential questions. It is often criticized as being broad and overly inclusive. Lastly, religion is defined as the collective beliefs and rituals of a group related to the supernatural.
There are many types of religion. Among them, the church is the most inclusive of religious expression in society. The Church claims universality and is very closely allied with the state and secular powers. It is thus broadly organized into bureaucratic institutions with a complex division of labor. Religions also have denominations. A denomination is a religion that exists between a church and a sect, and comes into existence when the church loses its religious monopoly in society. Therefore, it can be seen as similar to a church, but it encourages more member participation than a church. It relies on births for membership participation and growth and also accepts many converts. Thirdly, a sect is also a type of religion. A sect is a newly formed religious group to protest elements of the parent religion. Sects can only take three paths: dissolution, institutionalization, and development into a denomination.
Religious theory is also well covered. Religion has a structural function and has an important social impact. Religion has structural functions such as social cohesion and control, and enhancing meaning and goals. There is also criticism that this approach overlooks the dysfunction of religion, such as that it often serves as a justification for war.
2. Interesting points
When I was young, I had the experience of going to church due to my mother's religious influence. When I was young, I thought it was natural to go to church every Sunday, and I was taught by church members that I believed in God even though I did not believe in it. After reading this article and thinking about it now, I think that parents have the greatest influence on religion. Until now, there have not been many instances in which I have encountered religion or been evangelized in my daily life. In particular, when the coronavirus pandemic broke out, controversy over cults grew, and aversion to religion became the overall social public opinion. In addition, the cumbersome evangelism methods of cults on the streets are contributing to the growing religious aversion to religion.
For this reason, I think that the majority of religious people have consistently had religious beliefs since childhood due to the influence of their parents, and if not, I think it would be quite rare for people to suddenly become religious at an age when they can think to a certain degree. .
3. discussion
It is said that religion and education are related to each other, and that educational achievement varies depending on religious group. It is argued that those who receive education as part of a more liberal religious group have higher educational achievement than those who receive education as part of a fundamental religious group. So, which one will have higher achievement compared to those who are not religious?
Comments
Post a Comment